Recognized by Healthgrades®
Mothers-to-be can be proud to select the Community Hospital of San Bernardino for their birthing experience and can rest easy knowing that the hospital is among the nation's top 5% of hospitals for Maternity Care, as ranked by the nation’s leading independent healthcare ratings company, Healthgrades.
According to The Seventh Annual HealthGrades Maternity Care in American Hospitals Study™ :
- Top-rated hospitals had fewer complications than low-rated hospitals
- Mothers at top-rated hospitals had, on average, 51% fewer complications for vaginal deliveries
- 74% fewer complications for C-sections compared with poorly rated hospitals
The study, conducted independently by HealthGrades, analyzed data from more than 1,500 hospitals in 19 states.
The Community Hospital of San Bernardino is proud to serve Inland Empire families with medical care that is recognized with not only the Top 5% designation but also a proven record of delivering quality maternity care:
- In 2009, received the prestigious Excellence Award from HealthGrades, for Maternity Care for scoring in the top 10% of all hospitals measured
- In 2008, received five stars for Maternity Care from HealthGrades for placing in the top 15% of all hospitals measured by the organization
- In 2007, became the 61st hospital in the United States to be officially designated a Baby-Friendly™ hospital by Baby-Friendly USA For over 100 years, Community Hospital of San Bernardino has delivered healthy babies into our community.
Whether you are the first- or the fifth-generation delivering your baby at our hospital, you can feel confident that you are choosing award winning maternity care in a supportive and welcoming environment.
For more information, please call 909.887.6333. For an affiliated physician or surgeon, please visit Find a Doctor.